Book 86, 2026
Oct. 11th, 2026 10:19 pm
The Ghost of Gabrielle Bonet by M.L. BullockMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
View all my reviews
I finished an ebook the night before I left on vacation. It was The Ghost of Gabrielle Bonet, and it’s the 7th “Gulf Coast Paranormal” book by ML Bullock. Chapters were in multiple points of view, but the main characters are Cassidy Wright, a psychic painter, and Midas Demopolous, who founded GCP.
GCP is called in to investigate the history museum in Mobile, AL, where the curator has been accosted by the ghost of a screaming woman. Cassidy is able to connect with the woman via her psychic artwork, and she learns that Gabrielle Bonet, a young French woman, was one of many young ladies chosen to travel to the new world to marry and raise families. When the investigation becomes intense, the team calls in a psychic medium in hopes of communicating with the ghost and urging her to move on.
The story was very creepy and atmospheric, although I thought the ending was somewhat anticlimactic. It didn’t seem to live up to the build-up. Characterizations were good, and the narrative moved at a quick and sensible pace.
Favorite line: The thing I’d learned about ghost hunting was to always be prepared.
Spooky and seasonal—four stars.